Our Recent and Ongoing Projects Include
- Bangladesh Inland Waterway Transport Project: Contracted by the World Bank to conduct an assessment of safety on the Inland Waterway Transport network of Bangladesh.
- Lake Tanganyika Search and Rescue System: Contracted by the World Ban to assist them with a feasibility study concerning the establishment of a Search and Rescue system on Lake Tanganyika.
- Oman Maritime Radiocommunications Project: Contracted by Qnective Middle East LLC to assist with the design, implementation and procurement of a shore-based maritime Radiocommunications infrastructure including GMDSS sub-systems for Sea Areas A1, A2 and A3, AIS, NAVTEX, COSPAS-SARSAT GEO & LEO LUT's. Qnective Middle East LLC in association with their Omani Partners has been awarded a license to establish and operate the maritime network services through Royal Decree 09/2013 for a period of 15 years.
- SASAPOL Project (Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan & Ukraine) : International Expert.
Maritime Safety and Security Expert on a project to develop Common Security Management and Maritime Safety and Ship Pollution Prevention for the Black Sea and Caspian Sea, dealing specifically with the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code, Voluntary IMO State Audit Scheme (VIMSAS) and Vessel Traffic Management and Information Systems (VTMIS) (EuroAid). See www.sasepol.eu
- United Arab Emirates: Team Leader Project to conduct a capability assessment, risk & gap analysis and mitigation strategy for land, sea and air safety security and SAR services in all 7 Emirates of the United Arab Emirates .
- Saudi Arabia: Search and Rescue Trainer
Appointed by the Border Guard – Naval Affairs, to provide SAR training for up to 40 Coast Guard and Border Guard personnel from the national Disaster Management Committee in Jeddah
- Appointed by the IMO as an International Consultant to assist and advise member coastal States from the Western Indian ocean and Gulf of Aden in the development of integrated systems for information sharing and surveillance and the establishment of regional information centres and the Djibouti Code of Conduct at a sub-regional meeting on Piracy and unlawful acts against ships.
- Appointed by the European Commission (DG TREN) to assist with the final review of the Pan European Maritime Navigation Information Services (MarNIS) project.
- Contracted by the European Commission (DG TREN) to assist with the annual review of the European Maritime Data Management (EMDM) Project.
- Contracted by the European Commission (DG TREN) to assist with an annual review of the Commissions Maritime Navigation Information Systems (MarNIS) demonstration project. A new European Concept for the exchange of information and provision of services between ships, ports, owners, agent, SAR services and other shore-based entities.
- Contracted by the Maritime Emergency Mutual Aid Centre (MEMAC) an agency of the Regional Organization for the Protection of the Marine Environment (ROPME) in Bahrain to undertake an assessment concerning the required infrastructure for a SAR system in the State of Qatar and to advise on the equipment requirements for a Regional Centre within the ROPME sea areas of the Arabian Gulf, the Gulf of Oman and the Arabian Sea.
- Conducting a Training Needs Analysis on behalf of the IMO for SAR and maritime personnel in all countries surrounding the Black Sea; Turkey , Bulgaria , Romania , Ukraine , Russian Federation and Georgia
- Providing Consultancy and Supervisory services to the Government of Oman concerning the design establishment and operation of a Maritime Rescue Co-ordination Centre (MRCC) and the introduction of integrated GMDSS communications, AIS and coastal radar surveillance facilities in the Sultanate of Oman